Thursday, May 1, 2008

Survival

I am not dreaming Of a hope-victory-life.
I am just dreaming Of a hope-survival-life.

~
Yesterday my need was world-conquest.I failed.
Today my need is my own survival. I am failing.
Tomorrow my need will be a surrendered life. I shall fail.

Alive. The novel of 42 people that pursue glorification in the form of a rugby game in Chile. The flight takes a turn for the worse and then stranded are the passengers. This poem doesn't only relate to the novel but the internal thoughts of every one of the passengers on the plane. The stanzas of this poem in turn become the reality and fate of 31 of the total 42 passengers. The "hope-victory life" connects to the portion of the novel when rugby becomes life. The next line is of the will and hopes of everyone in the wrecked fuselage. Then the last stanza is everyones mindset of their disposition in the wreck.

No comments: